The resawn beech from yesterday is holding up well…
But never mind that, time to focus on the glueup from yesterday. It went reasonably well despite the fiddliness of the clamping.
They don’t look even from that angle, but they are:
There’s some squeeze-out and the join needed some fettling to get it properly smooth, and I suspect I’ll be running round the piece with a chisel checking arises before finishing, but it’s not too bad.
It’ll be interesting to see it with finish on. But today’s task is the final glue-up so I did a dry-fit and some inevitable tweaking and then did a dry rehearsal and then prepped to glue up:
The final glue-up was almost calm right up until the end when I realised I needed to clamp the dovetails as well and I had nothing on the front to clamp against and had to rig something using a third sash clamp and some heath robinson nonsense…
We’ll see how that went tomorrow…… Read the rest