While wrapping up the stringing and preparing to glue and finish the latest project, I got some time to do the initial rough-cut of the pieces for the next project; which is to take the roughest thing that’s ever come out of the shed and remake it with a bit of refinement 😀
A quick hacking with the large ryoba broke these down to approximate length, and then some quick ripping with the bandsaw…
And that’s the rough stock almost ready. I want to see if I can resaw this (it’s some nice beech bought a while back in the timber yard, but I’ve not worked with this before and beech apparently has a reputation for movement). So I resawed one of the off-cuts and I’ll see how that moves over the next few days while I finish the stringing project.
I also have to get some brazing rods; the recent subzero temps appear to have made the water in my spray mister expand in just the wrong way:
Poop. And that’s thin-walled stuff; I’m not sure it’ll braze readily.
Oh well. Might as well try; worst that happens is it destroys it. And given that it’s not working now anyway… 😀