So, new years are all about lists and I figured I’d go through the last one…
Rip the top panel to width.
Yeah, that’s done. What I missed was that when I cut that top panel down to length, I cut it to the shoulder-to-shoulder length, not the overall length, so it was now too short. The single biggest part in the entire piece and it didn’t fit. It turns out that in the shed, they can hear you scream.
So, new item:
Add spare piece of walnut to top stretcher on drawer end, matching grain, to fill the gap left by the top panel being too short.
And that’s now done as well.
Add the rebate and bevel to the top panel.
Done, and I’ve had to make small cut-outs at the corners to allow for the vertical posts as well.… Read the rest